Founded in the twelfth century by Cistercian monks, Jau had many owners that have shaped its appearance over generations. Cistercian constructions, there remains only the superb square tower.
The construction of the mansion in 1789 in a neoclassical style gace a more noble air and Jau was renamed: Chateau de Jau. It have been the residence of the family Dauré since 1974.
The restoration was done in compliance with the different styles … The red and ocher facades, vegetation that wafts the surrounding countryside give the whole an air of Tuscany.
A contemporary art space has been developed in silk, active in the nineteenth century. On the terraces and around the pool, out of a tri-centenary mulberry, steakhouse Jau is open all summer: wine menu and Roussillon wines.
The small road leading to the castle of Jau sneaks in a Mediterranean setting where vineyards, olive groves and cypress share the territory.
Clinging to the last foothills of Corbières, Jau seems to watch over the Agly valley where we produce wines of Roussillon Côtes du Roussillon, Muscat de Rivesaltes, local wines (Jaja de Jau)